Prof. S.D.Joshi would not appear to you as the stereotypical professor of IIT Delhi shown in "3 idiots" (Bala Sir may..but then that is a different post altogether). He won't appear to you as any stereotypical teacher, if you meet him outside. He is simple, sober, smiling and intelligent. He appeared exactly that way when he came to our hostel for the STIC-D(Students Teachers Interaction Council Dinner) last year. Till that day we all regarded him as a chill prof, who knows his subject through and through and who is modest enough not to intimidate others by his knowledge.Now the respect has increased manifolds. That day he told us one of the most amazing first person account you can ever here. Its genuineness and the genius was evident just like that. I will try to tell it in first person, almost verbatim, though it is difficult because it happened one year back I started working on my PhD thesis in IIT, I was lucky to be able to work in a field I liked. But all my work w...
Comments